5.28.2010

The best of intentions...

Well, I was going to treat you to a picture of the day each day from the beach, but unfortunately I left my memory stick reader at home! I guess you'll just have to do without pictures until next week.

The good news is, other than a few small mishaps (including some very important beach supplies being left at home), the trip has gotten off to a great start! We headed to Walmart this morning to replace the missing necessities and were able to replace them all for a mere $43! We then headed off to the beach with more than we could carry for Allie's first beach encounter!

She wasn't so crazy about the sand and turf, but boy did she enjoy her shaded blow up pool! We filled it up with a little water and more toys than she knew what to do with, and she was pretty content! It's a beautiful, oil-free beach day, and I think we all made it without getting a sunburn (which always seems to happen on the first day!)

The most relaxing part was the HUGE beachfront pool equipped with a lazy river and all! Allie was pretty much laid out and ready to nap right then and there in her shaded float. I'm thinking the pool may end up being my favorite part of trip! We'll see...

Tonight, we're heading over the border into Florida (a whopping 20 minute treck) to eat beachside at the Crab Trap. This is by far hubby's favorite part of vacations.... EATING! He is excited to load up on some serious crab legs and shrimp. As for me, I think I'll be sticking to something a little safer sounding and that involves a little less work to eat!

So, sorry for a pictureless post, but just know we're having a blast, and I'll be sure to take lots of great pictures to share when we get home!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you are having a great time... looking forward to a "picture post" when you return! :)

    ReplyDelete