1.29.2010

Happy Birthday, Grammy!

This post is a day late, because I did not want to post a picture of Grammy's birthday present before she got it! At any rate, Happy Birthday, Grammy! We are immensely blessed to have you in our lives, and we love you very much! I am so thankful for the godly example and legacy that you and Papa have left to us all! Thank you for all you do!

I wanted to post some pictures of the gift I made Grammy, because I just recently discovered this craft project, and I am in love with it! What a great gift idea for your mom, grandma, friend, or just to do for yourself! It is the chipboard album. Now, maybe you are all familiar with these, but until a month ago, I was not. A good friend helped me do one for my mom for Christmas, and I loved how it turned out! They sell these at Hobby Lobby in words like FRIEND, LOVE, FAMILY, and BELIEVE. However, I've found a website where you can order a custom album to say ANYTHING you want! What a fun idea to do one in your child's name, or one that says SISTERS, or your mom's grandmother name! As you can see, the possibilities are endless! What I like about these versus a traditional scrapbook album is that they're made to set out in your house, and they're much smaller than a scrapbook, in how many pics they'll hold. Because of that, you could really devote just a week's worth of nap times to this project and have it completed! The only supplies you'll need are:

chipboard album
spray adhesive
scrapbook paper (1 piece/letter in your word)
brown or black ink pad (to distress the edges)
exacto knife (you'll glue the paper to the cardboard, then "trace" it with the knife on a cutting board)
ribbon
hole punch

and voila! You end up with this beautiful finished product:



I ended up writing the verse, "The righteous man leads a blameless life; blessed are his children after him." on the green paper.

I used my awesome new scrapbooking machine that Grammy gave me for Christmas to cut the paper into the neat shapes you see.



There were 2 other pictures of all 4 kids on this page.


This is my favorite page.... =)

What do you think? Are you inspired to tackle this project? If you have any questions on how to do it, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment